Web lists-archives.com

Color 1E

From time to time you may want to work in command prompt but the default background is so bad that you can strain your eyes especially if you are at an advanced age!!! However, there is a very simple solution which nobody seems to know or if they know it they have forgotten!. The technique was first implemented in the bad old days of DOS - at least that is what I am told by some people.

OK so in Windows 10 and I assume it also works in prior versions, you need to go to the command prompt (type/run cmd or right-click open cmd prompt - whatever) then just type something like this:

color 1e

You get something like this:

https://i.imgur.com/C53ztAW.png <https://i.imgur.com/C53ztAW.png>

First number is the Background and second number is foreground. The picture gives you all the available options/color codes.

Good luck and pass this message to your good friends.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.