Web lists-archives.com

Re: Multi-account containers extension

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:24:15 -0500, in mozilla.general, Hartdonor wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:19:29 -0500, in mozilla.general, Hartdonor wrote:
>
>>And I'm a little concerned that the "Container:" field remains in my
>>cookies manager after uninstalling it. Playing around with it appears to
>>have permanently modified my Firefox.
>
>I can see now that I still have container based cookies left over from my
>test-pilot run. It permanently changed my cookie storage, even though
>Mozilla promised that the extension would be completely removed by an
>uninstall.
>
>Now, I'm busy tracking down all the container cookies I created (there's
>no option to select a container set in the cookie manager, you have to
>look at each cookie one-by-one).
>
>I'll see if deleting all the container cookies resets the field. It
>probably doesn't. It also probably doesn't matter if the cookie manager
>has this permanent change or not, but I don't like extensions leaving
>permanent functionality in the browser when they're uninstalled.
>
>Seems like bad extension behavior to me.

Yup, getting rid of the leftover Facebook cookies I had in "personal"
from the test-pilot run got rid of the "Container:" field in cookies.

Probably a beta test problem. I'm not going to test whether or not it
leaves container cookies behind with the final extension.

--
Give all you can, don't give more than you can.