Web lists-archives.com

Re: Intent to ship: A new front-end for addons.mozilla.org (AMO)

On 10/13/17 10:17 PM, Desiree wrote:
On 10/12/2017 5:59 PM, B00ze wrote:
Good day.

So there is a new AMO, again...

Last time was a small disaster for a few weeks while Mozilla fixed the
problems. Ended-up with something quite nice, albeit with tiny tiny
version numbers (at least they are there). This new AMO is quite
different, but it's OK. The version number is no longer next to the
extension name, but it can be found quite easily in a box on the left
below the addOn name.

HOWEVER, the site no longer specifies if an extension is supported on
your version of the browser or not, and I find this rather annoying. The
"slide to install" thingy is also pretty lame; a button does just fine,
no need to jump on the stupid "slide everything" trend. Maybe this is
just because I used the Mobile version of the site for testing?

There's also a small bug, at least in my Firefox - I can see the number
1056 on the left edge of the page, next to "Rate your experience" on
every addOn page. No idea where this comes from, haven't tried disabling
various things to see if it will disappear...

Well, that's it; have a look, it ain't bad - Good job Mozilla. AMO is,
as always, INFINITELY better than that garbage Google calls the Chrome
Store (what a horror).

Regards,