Web lists-archives.com

Re: Users not pleased with latest release

On 10/10/2017 6:18 PM On a whim, WaltS48 pounded out on the keyboard

On 10/10/17 2:49 PM, Terry wrote:
I usually receive about a dozen email to Mozilla webmaster a week, but
since the latest release, that's more than tripled.  They are pretty
upset.  Lots of crashing, not loading at all, web pages don't work, and
on and on...

Terry

Maybe more Beta testers are needed.

I'd have to check, but probably don't have crash reports for 56 because
I recently did a reinstall of my OS and apps due to a HD problem, but
ISTR 56.0 being stable in Nightly and Beta versions.

57.0b6 and b7 are crashing for me on shutdown, but my default Nightly
58.0a1 is stable so far.

I do have a one crash report for 56.0 from the day I had the problem
with the HD and before the reinstall!

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/8140787d-006d-47de-8be1-77ab81171006

Profile backups are handy to have around.

Since I don't have any users with FF installed any longer, I can't do any testing other than my machines, and since this flurry of complaints, I decided to hold off updating to 56.

I've suggested Refresh on a few of them, but that doesn't appear to correct it either. Something happened and users aren't happy.