Web lists-archives.com

Re: Refresh - big failure

At 08:52 AM, 10/11/2017, Wednesday, WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/11/17 5:24 AM, Sogn Mill-Scout wrote:
In an effort to deal with the persistent problem of FF running up the memory to near 100% at which point it stops responding, I tried the REFRESH process. Not only did it not solve that problem, but now there is the unprecedented situation of FF running not only as an app, as it should, but also as a series of background processes. At one point there were SIX background processes. I've never seen FF run that way. The memory, as usual, kept climbing well into the 90s. When I end the background processes it crashes some tabs. Crashed tabs (as opposed to the while program crashing) is another thing I haven't experienced. Meanwhile FF has reached its non-responsive state of paralysis a few more times.
I would scrap this program if I had any confidence that another browser would work better, and that I could import my billions of bookmarks.
I'm running FF 56 on Windows 10 but this problem dates back through previous versions.
Thanks.
Sogn

What do the crash signatures report? You do submit them to Mozilla don't you?

Here is an example from my Firefox Beta 57.0b7.

< https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/0298e1af-a6bc-480c-a26d-b36880171010 >

If you can go to about:support, open it in your browser and review it, or copy and paste a Report ID in a reply.

Mine shows a bug report has been filed for my crashing problem.

Coexist < https://www.coexist.org/>
National Popular Vote < http://www.nationalpopularvote.com/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

I don't think I'm getting crash reports because, technically, it isn't crashing, i.e. it's not terminating on its own. It just stops responding and the little blue circle in lieu of a cursor goes on spinning indefinitely. Sometimes I give it several minutes but it remains non-responsive, so I go to Task Manager and end the process, terminating FF that way. When I restart it it usually gives me that "This is embarrassing" page showing my previously opened windows/tabs in a list, and I can choose to restart all or some of them. I don't see anything about a crash report in those instances, and that's all I'm afflicted with. Once in a great while it crashes and then there is a crash report I submit to Mozilla.

Thanks.

Sogn