Web lists-archives.com

A troll among us

Some may want to take a second look at where their reply is headed before hitting *Send* A certain guy here likes to reply to messages with adolescent remarks, and set a Followup header to another group. At least one other poster here was recently lured in and made to look dimwitted by the deceit.
Example below:

From: Good Guy <hello.world@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: How many floppies are required to install Windows 10?
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 04:30:49 +0100

On 07/10/2017 03:13, hughie@xxxxxxx wrote:
> How many floppies are required to install Windows 10?

About 4 gigs.

Please note you can't install Windows 10 on your DOS machine so I suggest
pay somebody to take them away so that you have enough room on your desk
to put your new laptop.  Laptops works without floppies so you don't have
to worry about them anymore.

Linux users can help you with your floppies.  Are you suffering from
erectile dysfunction?  Linux users might have a solution for it as well.

  <head>
  </head>
    class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
    href="mailto:hughie@xxxxxxx";>hughie@xxxxxxx</a>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">How many floppies are required to install Windows 10?

</pre>
    About 4 gigs.<br>
    Please note you can't install Windows 10 on your DOS machine so I
    suggest pay somebody to take them away so that you have enough room on
    your desk to put your new laptop.  Laptops works without floppies so
    you don't have to worry about them anymore.<br>
    Linux users can help you with your floppies.  Are you suffering from
    erectile dysfunction?  Linux users might have a solution for it as
    well.<br>
          color: yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:200%; text-align:
          center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
          devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher
          than any previous version of windows.</div>

>> How many floppies are required to install Windows 10?
>>

>About 4 gigs.
>
>Please note you can't install Windows 10 on your DOS machine so I suggest
>pay somebody to take them away so that you have enough room on your desk
>to put your new laptop.  Laptops works without floppies so you don't have
>to worry about them anymore.
>
>Linux users can help you with your floppies.  Are you suffering from
>erectile dysfunction?  Linux users might have a solution for it as well.

I had Linux running on my mechanical wristwatch but I couldn't upgrade it
to Windows 10.