Web lists-archives.com

Re: Read All About It! Firefox Quantum is coming!

Luis wrote:
Any way, thanks for the list and please keep informing us on new compatible extensions. The very moment I get all the extensions I need and the new FF is debugged I'll be glad to reinstall it as my default browser. In the mean time Opera rules.

Although Walt's announcements are useful, there's far too many extensions to track.

If there's a particular extension that you want to see, the best thing to do is to check the extension's page at AMO. Some extension writers have explicitly noted that they won't move to WebExtension, some haven't said anything, one way or another.

I know that with NoScript, in the user comments section at AMO with multiple pleas by users requesting support through WebExtension, but no apparent response, yay or nay. However following the link to the developer's page, there are notes there that NoScript is under development, and will eventually have a version in WebExtension.

To me, NoScript is one of my highest priorities, but in terms of following the development path, it's unreasonable to expect Walt or anybody else to report development status. If one is important to you, you need to be willing to take the time to do the research. If you're unwilling to do that, then your options seem to be:

- Hope that an extension will still be available when FF updates to v 57, and accept the probability that it won't (or may not be available immediately).

- Don't allow FF to upgrade to 57.

- Downgrade to the current 52.x ESR release, and buy yourself some additional time, to continue to run legacy extensions.

Smith