Web lists-archives.com

REALLY OT -- LibreOffice Question

I want to import a space-delimited (or comma-delimited, I'm easy) text file into a calc spreadsheet, manipulate the data in various ways, and save it as a spreadsheet. The damn thing refuses -- it just saves the altered data in a new space-delimited text file -- and refuses to change the filename. Trying to open it again results in very nearly the same as it was originally -- default column widths, fonts, number formats, etc. Maddening.

Google is no help -- I'm apparently the only person on earth who ever wanted to do this.

--
Cheers, Bev
  Brian (Talking to crowd): You need to be independent minded.