Web lists-archives.com

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

On 9/22/2017 2:57 PM On a whim, T pounded out on the keyboard

On 09/21/2017 02:22 PM, Terry wrote:
On 9/20/2017 6:26 PM On a whim, T pounded out on the keyboard

On 09/20/2017 03:29 PM, Terry wrote:
Until Win10, it was easy to stop the auto-update of WU via the GUI. Now,
I have to write two scripts for some machines, one to stop the WU
service, and one to start it.
https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

I only do updates on Windows Nein (10) manually when I see
something of the newsgroups that says there is a reason.

Stays nice and stable that way.
Yes, and all my friends who did that were all scrambling updating
servers last Spring for WannaCry.  Mine were all patched and safe.

M$ updates are truly a double edged sword.  One
has to trade off the hours wasted chasing crashed
patches versus getting infected.

Also, your friends' Anti Viruses sucked.  Your
anti virus is your first line of defense.  M$'s
updates are spotty.  Sometimes security patches
go begging for months or until someone writes an
exploit for them and M$'s gets eggs all over
their faces, again.

Actually they're top notch IT consultants. Again, you make false claims and false assumptions, which clearly show you don't know what you're talking about.

And keep your Antivirus as updated as possible.

Wow! That's awesome advice! Bet you have to tell all your clients to do that? No wonder you have a job.

That being said, even the best Antivirus is a least an
hour away from protecting you from a zero day attack.

In my case, WannaCry was not an issue.  One has
to get to the Internet first to get infected!
By your response, I can tell you did not realize
that was what was going on on my virtual machines.

You think you're the only one using VM's? I have dozens of VM servers on sites. So what.

Done talking about nothing here...