Web lists-archives.com

Re: Ad blocker roundup

On 23/09/17 21:21, T wrote:
On 09/23/2017 12:05 AM, Jeff Layman wrote:

If ads are the thing you really can't stand, you might want to consider
a completely different browser:
https://brave.com/index/

Is it Mozilla based?

What Walt said...

Do you like it?  (I am very fond of Firefox.)

I've so far only tried it on an android tablet. It is very fast, and seems to be very efficient at blocking ads. I might install it on an Ubuntu laptop (maybe together with Palemoon and Waterfox and/or Vivaldi) to do a comparison.

Unfortunately, at least on android, it has "tabs on top" like Firefox. It's a setting I detest and the reason I am staying with FF 54.0 so I can continue to use Classic Theme Restorer to set tabs under the url address box. If the desktop version of Brave won't allow tabs where I want them, it'll be uninstalled immediately.
You could always try it alongside FF and do a comparison with the most
"ad-annoying" sites you frequent.

uBlock does a good job, except for the Forms bugs.

Yes, been using uBlock for quite some time.

--

Jeff