Web lists-archives.com

Re: Stuck with CTRL + ALT + DEL

On 9/22/2017 10:54 AM, PietB wrote:
Joy Beeson wrote:
Good Guy wrote:
It looks we are stuck with Ctrl+Alt+Del key strokes for a very
long time until somebody can design a new keyboard with JUST
one key that can do this.  This is according to Bill Gates who
started it 35 years ago.

Considering what ctrl+alt+del does, I *want* to have to do it
deliberately.  I had a keyboard with a power switch on one key
once. I pulled its cap.

The combination is pretty harmless nowadays. But given the original
"get me out of the shit" function it would have been appropriate to
assign it to the Escape key.

-p

Why is using it a problem anyway. I do not consider myself hardworking, but this is taking laziness a bit far.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman