Web lists-archives.com

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

On 09/22/2017 10:42 AM, Good Guy wrote:
On 16/09/2017 07:22, T wrote:
What would the second best one be that is not owned
by the Evil Empire?

Second best is Atom.  See this link:

<https://atom.io/>

You also need to install Emmet to make your life a little bit easy. See this video:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BIAdWNcr8Y>

The process is still the same. You start a new file and then change the Plain text to "HTML" by clicking on the text in the bottom right corner (or simply save the file as HTML as soon as you have created a file). Then enter ! followed by a tab key and voila your html doc is created. Then you can use various shortcuts as shown in the video or you can download a 24 page "Cheat Sheet" from this link:

<https://docs.emmet.io/cheatsheet-a5.pdf>

Good luck.

Hi Guy,

Thank you!

I installed Blue Fish, but am scratching my head trying
to figure it out.  Looks good but ...

I have been using the defunct Kompozer, with a little
help from vi, leafpad, and Geany.  Geany has a lot
of html templates, which I have never used.  (I mainly
use Geany for Perl [5 & 6] and Bash programming.)

Geany is sweet as it operates over an "ssh -X" connection.

-T

Oh man Kompozer is buggy!

--
Windows Nein (10): now 13 happy users!  Worldwide!