Web lists-archives.com

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

On 09/21/2017 02:22 PM, Terry wrote:
On 9/20/2017 6:26 PM On a whim, T pounded out on the keyboard

On 09/20/2017 03:29 PM, Terry wrote:
Until Win10, it was easy to stop the auto-update of WU via the GUI. Now,
I have to write two scripts for some machines, one to stop the WU
service, and one to start it.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

I only do updates on Windows Nein (10) manually when I see
something of the newsgroups that says there is a reason.

Stays nice and stable that way.

Yes, and all my friends who did that were all scrambling updating servers last Spring for WannaCry. Mine were all patched and safe.

M$ updates are truly a double edged sword.  One
has to trade off the hours wasted chasing crashed
patches versus getting infected.

Also, your friends' Anti Viruses sucked.  Your
anti virus is your first line of defense.  M$'s
updates are spotty.  Sometimes security patches
go begging for months or until someone writes an
exploit for them and M$'s gets eggs all over
their faces, again.

And keep your Antivirus as updated as possible.

That being said, even the best Antivirus is a least an
hour away from protecting you from a zero day attack.

In my case, WannaCry was not an issue.  One has
to get to the Internet first to get infected!
By your response, I can tell you did not realize
that was what was going on on my virtual machines.