Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT -- Google photo sharing

On 9/21/17 8:05 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 09/21/2017 03:50 AM, pop wrote:
>> The Real Bev wrote on 9/20/2017 11:40 PM:
>>> Does anybody know how to share the entire site with someone without
>>> giving them your email password?  It used to be easy when it was picasa,
>>> but now it seems like you can only do it on a temporary per-album basis
>>> by emailing someone a shortened URL.  I'd even be happy to make most of
>>> the albums public, but that seems impossible under any circumstances.
>>>
>> I do it by creating 1st level folders in google drive and placing the
>> album folders you would like to share under these  a 1st level folder
>> can be shared via a link and you can also give individuals with the link
>> various access levels (shared by their email address) - it is easy to
>> move folders and files around in google drive to organize them in a easy
>> sharable way. See my example (sent to your mail via my gmail address)
>> - HTH
>
> Thanks.  Instructions saved for later.
>
> Still doesn't seem as convenient as it was -- I want my family  to be
> able to browse at will through the entire account.  I want friends and
> acquaintances to be able to browse at will through the public folders. I
> don't think this will be possible :-(

1. In Photos, go to the album you want to make public and click the
   Share icon.
2. Choose Google+.
   At the top of the popup, you can chose whether to share it publicly
   or with specific people.

This will make the album public on your Google+ page. Photos that you
add to this album later on will also be visible to the public, even if
you did not share the new photos.