Web lists-archives.com

Re: So, I just updated to Fx 55.0 and ...

My bloviated meandering follows what Jeff Layman graced us with on 9/18/2017 12:03 PM:
On 18/09/17 07:25, Sailfish wrote:
... found out that 15 of my 16 enabled add-ons have been marked as
"Legacy" destined to be killed-off with Fx57+

Le sigh, looks like I'll be sticking with a back release, assuming
Mozilla doesn't prevent their use.

+1. I'll be staying with 54.0, as it annoys me every time I see "Legacy" when I look at add-ons. Palemoon, Waterfox, or maybe a complete change to something like Brave might be called for before too long.

I'm afraid that we need a modern Lord Melbourne where Mozilla is concerned. See the second paragraph here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lamb,_2nd_Viscount_Melbourne#Legacy

heh, Sounds like he may have pre-dated the source of a similar dictum, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

--
Sailfish