Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: CCleaner

Jim Fisher wrote on 18-09-17 21:01:
.On 18 Sep 2017 at 10:15, Luis wrote:

Today Talos Intelligence published an article titled "CCleanup: A Vast
Number of Machines at Risk".

http://blog.talosintelligence.com/2017/09/avast-distributes-malware.html

I was scared at first but noted that the article mentions CCleaner
32-bit version only and nothing regarding the 64-bit which is the one I
use. Fortunately, if you're interested, Piriform published a
clarification on this matter that is worth reading it.

http://www.piriform.com/news/release-announcements/2017/9/18/security-notificati
on-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users

Thanks for the tip. I haven't run CCleaner for ages, but checking I found I
have an ancient version 2 installed. I've now downloaded the latest and will
instal and run it later today.

Jim Fisher
The first and only time when I runned ccleaner ... ended with 4 programs not working anymore ...
and Windows had also problems that I was not able to correct.