Web lists-archives.com

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

T wrote on 18-09-17 06:15:
On 09/16/2017 10:43 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
T wrote on 16-09-17 22:39:
On 09/16/2017 10:20 AM, Good Guy wrote:
On 16/09/2017 07:22, T wrote:
What would the second best one be that is not owned
by the Evil Empire?

Microsoft does make products for Linux and it is generally accepted that Microsoft is contributing more to the open Source community than anybody else!! Look at the top quality software released by Microsoft including the full source code so that Linux users can learn something from them.

"VS Code" is available for the Linux platform so go and try it. You can host your Linux projects on Microsoft Azure cloud and run Ubuntu on Azure. Microsoft might even release its own Linux called "Microsoft Linux". They need to agree the licensing terms with the Open Source Community organizers including Linus Torvalds who owns the patent of Linux kernel.

Actually The Evil Empire (M$) is not even on the radar when it comes to
contributing to Linux:

Reference for the following chart:
https://www.infoworld.com/article/3223140/linux/why-microsoft-will-drive-serious-linux-innovation.html https://images.idgesg.net/images/article/2017/09/linux-contributors-100735241-large.jpg

I am personally and professionally offended by M$'s criminality
in their business practices and will not purchase or recommend
ANY of their products unless I am absolutely forced to.

Anyway, you clearly do not share the same opinion as me.

You missed the point of my question.  I wanted to know what
you thought was the next best non-m$ solution.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Why are you also aggressive towards microsoft. Have you had a very bad experience?

Personally, I had a very bad experience with a linux-like.

Hi Ray,

M$ is a convicted criminals (monopolists) on one continent
and a pleaded out monopolist on another continent.   No
venture capitalist will invest on e cent in any software
if they even slightly smell that M$ has an interest in
the venture, due to M$'s predatory business practices.

What choice to you have in office suites?  And how did that
come about?  M$ Office is just mediocre (and EXTREMELY
overpriced) .  Answer: it is called "Linkage" and is
right out of the Sherman Anti-Trust act.

Libre Office is good, but they no longer fix bugs (shades
of Open Office).  It can't ever print an envelope properly.

I see software as 10 to 15 years behind where it should be
if Bush grew some testicles, enforced the law, and broke
M$ up as he should have.

Have I been personally injured by M$?  Well, without them
I would not have a job.  90% of my work comes from
their miserable, low quality, bug riddled, security
nightmare of an operating system.  If I come home aggravated
and feel like kicking something, it is always Windows
Nein (10).  So, me personally, no.  My customers, yes.

Software development (on the desktop) should be wide open
and vibrant: the Wild West, if you please.  Not stifled
by some bunch of criminals (monopolists).  Look at
the YUGE development going on on iPad and Android.
You won't find that where M$ is involved.

And yes, Linux can be a pain in the ass at times,
but there is a vibrant community and things do
get fixed.  I even was the one who discovered that if
you cut a DVD, you corrupted you hard drive on RHEL 5
and C236 chipsets would not work on RHEL 7.  But, see
I have someone to bitch to on Linux that fix things.
There is no such avenue with M$ products.

The Linux servers I have out there never crash.
You have to kick them over and/or pour coffee into
them.

I hate Windows servers.  They are constantly
having problems.  The amount of fussing on a Windows server
versus and Linux server in my experience is about 20 to 1.
No fooling!

Tip: if you are so "blessed" as to have to maintain a
Windows server, set up a task to reboot the miserable piece
of [expletive deleted] every night.  Your stability
will improve dramatically.

-T

You are excessive especially in your adjectives Your attitude vis a vis Microsoft is an unjustified hatred.I had Windows Servers which never encountered a crash.
I used at work a windows pc - and i never had a problem.
I had 10 linux-like servers to be installed with the applications the customer wanted.... The procedure that I give to the guys who install them was changed after each installation - we fall each time in another bug. Upgrade of the linux-like OS had each time ending with the non-functionning of at least one application.