Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox Multi-Account Containers

On 09/16/2017 01:47 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:
On 9/16/17 12:10 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/15/2017 02:06 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:
On 9/15/17 9:51 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/?utm_source=blog.mozilla.org&utm_campaign=firefox_frontier&utm_medium=referral

This sounds really desirable for staying logged in to several different
gmail accounts at the same time.  Doesn't seem to work, though.

Clicking (or long-clicking) the icon does nothing except throw up a
triangle, a line and a generic background cursor. Long-clicking 'new
tab' from the File menu just opens a new tab. Is this one of those
things where linux (or FF52ESR) is just different, or does it conflict
with other extensions? What am I missing?

See the 'Requirements' section.
https://github.com/mozilla/testpilot-containers#readme

You'd think this would have been put on the mozilla/addons page,
wouldn't you?

Google is your friend.

Indeed, but if you're going to download a Mozilla extension for a Mozilla product, you would THINK that essential information would be available in the download area. Github is for geeks, of which I am, unfortunately, not one. Just more of a geek groupie.

[snip]

Shit.  NOT planning on updating.

I don't follow your logic.

Each time I've updated FF or TB I've lost something that was valuable to me. If I'm going to lose ALL my extensions whose authors are unable/unwilling to jump through the web-extension hoops, I'm sticking where I am. Period. I have yet to see a balancing gain in FF 57.

In any case, you do know that you can run multiple instances of Firefox
with different profiles, don't you?

Of course. But if you're careless sometimes the new profile will write over your carefully-crafted old profile, requiring you to copy from your most recent backup. Since I've saved all my non-trash email since 1994 in my TB profile, and I can't guarantee that I won't have received anything important since my last backup, this is a potential disaster.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "If you watch TV news, you know less about the world than