Web lists-archives.com

Re: How does Apache know what to run?

T wrote:

> On 09/16/2017 03:43 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
>>   Typically, the URL given - his www.xxxx.com/home  as an
>> example - will search the /home directory for an index.php or
>> index.html file and open it
>
> Perfect!  Thank you!

Not to be crass, but if you didn't know that, you have a long way to go
before you should start playing around in someone else's most-likely tool-
generated web site.

Sounds to me - from things said in this thread and your others - that this
site might be generated by one of those "anybody-can-do-it" services such
as wix.com, web.com or squarespace.com

Those all have megamegabytes of scripts and are damned near impossible for
a neophyte to "fix a booboo."

We could tell how it was generated if you'd post the _real_ URL here and
describe the actual "booboo," and may be able to give real help.