Web lists-archives.com

Re: How does Apache know what to run?

WaltS48 wrote:

> On 9/16/17 6:01 PM, T wrote:

>>> This is a question for an Apache newsgroup, not a Mozilla products
>>> group.

>>> Most commonly, the file requested will have an extension of .php
>>
>> How does it know which one to look for?
>
> The HTML tells it which PHP file to look for. I think.

It doesn't have to be an HTML file. (My sites are all PHP scripts; no HTML
files at all.) Typically, the URL given - his www.xxxx.com/home as an
example - will search the /home directory for an index.php or index.html
file and open it. From there, the sky's the limit.

> <http://php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php>
>
> It's been awhile since I had Apache, PHP and MySQL installed and played
> with it.

Yup. I have a LAMP server running right here on my home computer so I can
test before uploading to my web host.

> DuckDuckGo or a search engine is your friend. Search tip, look for PHP
> and Apache documentation.

True enough. The subject is well beyond the scope of this newsgroup.