Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox Multi-Account Containers

On 9/16/17 4:36 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 9/16/17 4:47 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:

>>> You'd think this would have been put on the mozilla/addons page,
>>> wouldn't you?
>>
>> Google is your friend.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> Shit.  NOT planning on updating.
>>
>> I don't follow your logic.
>> In any case, you do know that you can run multiple instances of Firefox
>> with different profiles, don't you?
>>

> If I understand the concept, that is what containers do without having
> multiple instances of Firefox running with different profiles.

I wouldn't go that far. From what I understand, cookies in different
containers are isolated from each other.

Different profiles are intended for running different versions of Firefox.

> It is a profile within a profile.

Not really.

> I do have one banking site that doesn't seem to work in the Banking
> container. :(

I doubt this is due to the container.
I created a dedicated container for Google sites, to isolate their
cookies, and eventually limit tracking.