Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox Multi-Account Containers

On 9/16/17 4:47 AM, Christian Riechers wrote:
On 9/16/17 12:10 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/15/2017 02:06 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:
On 9/15/17 9:51 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/?utm_source=blog.mozilla.org&utm_campaign=firefox_frontier&utm_medium=referral

This sounds really desirable for staying logged in to several different
gmail accounts at the same time.  Doesn't seem to work, though.

Clicking (or long-clicking) the icon does nothing except throw up a
triangle, a line and a generic background cursor. Long-clicking 'new
tab' from the File menu just opens a new tab. Is this one of those
things where linux (or FF52ESR) is just different, or does it conflict
with other extensions? What am I missing?

See the 'Requirements' section.
https://github.com/mozilla/testpilot-containers#readme

You'd think this would have been put on the mozilla/addons page,
wouldn't you?

Google is your friend.

[snip]

Shit.  NOT planning on updating.

I don't follow your logic.
In any case, you do know that you can run multiple instances of Firefox
with different profiles, don't you?

If I understand the concept, that is what containers do without having multiple instances of Firefox running with different profiles.

It is a profile within a profile.

I do have one banking site that doesn't seem to work in the Banking container. :(

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Native Americans should have had a hard line immigration stance