Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox Multi-Account Containers

On 09/15/2017 02:06 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:
On 9/15/17 9:51 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-account-containers/?utm_source=blog.mozilla.org&utm_campaign=firefox_frontier&utm_medium=referral

This sounds really desirable for staying logged in to several different
gmail accounts at the same time.  Doesn't seem to work, though.

Clicking (or long-clicking) the icon does nothing except throw up a
triangle, a line and a generic background cursor. Long-clicking 'new
tab' from the File menu just opens a new tab. Is this one of those
things where linux (or FF52ESR) is just different, or does it conflict
with other extensions? What am I missing?

See the 'Requirements' section.
https://github.com/mozilla/testpilot-containers#readme

You'd think this would have been put on the mozilla/addons page, wouldn't you? I'm sure there's a good reason that the Mozilla developers don't make it easy to see where problems (like non-operation, for instance) might arise.

I remember spending days trying to make something in Netscape work, only to be finally told (in a really pissed-off voice for bothering the Gods) that that particular feature didn't work in linux, although the docs said it would work for 'all versions'.

Shit.  NOT planning on updating.

--
Cheers, Bev
 "Too many people in Washington are full of themselves, among