Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for Google Search

On 2017-09-14 10:41, WaltS48 <thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Depends on what I'm searching for.

If I'm interested in information about a TV show or movie I use the IMDB
search engine I added to the search engines from the search bar.
The Bugzilla search engine for bugs, occasionally the Wikipedia search
engine.

I got those as Keywords, i.e. I type "Wiki Patatoes" or "IMDB Super Girl" in the address bar; this is how I get to those.

Many sites have search engines you can add to Firefox.
The Yahoo search engine is the default in recent versions of Firefox.

I set DuckDuckGo as my default.

Yeah, I have used it now for about 3 weeks, and I was somewhat satisfied with it, until I started looking for Better Privacy 1.77. This is when I started comparing results with Google and discovered Google was clearly more powerful.

Maybe I should try YaCy...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  Excited, Spock opens a box full of pointy ear tips.