Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for Google Search

On 2017-09-14 02:48, Poutnik <poutnik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dne 14/09/2017 v 03:03 B00ze napsal(a):

I tried this on Facebook but no one replied, what with the Facebook
algorithms probably no one saw it.

In light of multiple recent reports about Google regarding search
results rankings and YouTube funding, I am looking for an alternative
search engine. I have been test-driving Duck Duck Go for 2 weeks now and
I find it is pretty weak - it returned 3 relevant results when I was
looking for the Better Privacy AddOn earlier this week whereas Google
returned a dozen (at least.) Also, and please correct me if I am wrong,
but I think what Duck Duck Go and IxQuick do is to get their search
results from Google and show them in a different order - I'm not exactly
Google-Free if that is what they do.

So which search engine do you guys use? Everyone's on Google?

Thank you much.
Best Regards,

IxQuick/Startpage ( they converged ) do use Google with privacy focus,
but I am not aware DDG does so as well. DDG is often the default search
in Linux distributions, I suppose to get rid of Google.

Both DDG and IxQuick fail the "Better Privacy 1.77" test. They give like 5 relevant results before they start showing things like "blah blah bought by Russian billionaire for £1.77" which is totally irrelevant to my search...

Did you try Bing ? But then you would not be MS free.
Non Windows machines may explode during Bing search. (joking)

Yup, as Good Guy suggested, I think Bing is my new search for a few weeks. It returned good results on my single test. Not sure how well I will find it over a long period...

Thank you.

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  Why experiment on animals w/ so many bankers out there?