Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for Google Search

On 13 Sep 2017 at 21:03, B00ze wrote:

> Good day.
>
> I tried this on Facebook but no one replied, what with the Facebook
> algorithms probably no one saw it.
>
> In light of multiple recent reports about Google regarding search
> results rankings and YouTube funding, I am looking for an alternative
> search engine. I have been test-driving Duck Duck Go for 2 weeks now and
> I find it is pretty weak - it returned 3 relevant results when I was
> looking for the Better Privacy AddOn earlier this week whereas Google
> returned a dozen (at least.) Also, and please correct me if I am wrong,
> but I think what Duck Duck Go and IxQuick do is to get their search
> results from Google and show them in a different order - I'm not exactly
> Google-Free if that is what they do.
>
> So which search engine do you guys use? Everyone's on Google?

I've been using DuckDuckGo for ages now and find it works fine for me.If you
use the TOR browser (based on FF, I've just installed it) then DuckDuckGo,
which is the default, can also search the dark web if that's your thing (it's
not mine, but the option's there). However, I probably use Wikipedia just as
much if not more - it depends on the kind of thing I'm searching for.

Jim Fisher

--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)
Forget Google! I search with https://duckduckgo.com  which doesn't spy on you