Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for Google Search

B00ze wrote:
Good day.

I tried this on Facebook but no one replied, what with the Facebook algorithms probably no one saw it.

In light of multiple recent reports about Google regarding search results rankings and YouTube funding, I am looking for an alternative search engine. I have been test-driving Duck Duck Go for 2 weeks now and I find it is pretty weak - it returned 3 relevant results when I was looking for the Better Privacy AddOn earlier this week whereas Google returned a dozen (at least.) Also, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I think what Duck Duck Go and IxQuick do is to get their search results from Google and show them in a different order - I'm not exactly Google-Free if that is what they do.

So which search engine do you guys use? Everyone's on Google?

Thank you much.
Best Regards,

The problem with Google is very simple. They put on top of the search results what they wish. If you own a site and you stick to "their SEO rules" your pages might appear on top of the list but, let's say you don't pay Google's AdWords then your site is placed at the bottom or simply ignored in the search results.
Rule exception: Big names are on top, particularly if they love Google.
That's the way Google's dictatorship works. Next step is https. If the site use http their pages will be banned. Now, regarding other search engines. Unfortunately most of them use Google results, but if you search: "search engines alternatives", you will get a bunch of them.