Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for Google Search

On 9/13/17 9:03 PM, B00ze wrote:
Good day.

I tried this on Facebook but no one replied, what with the Facebook algorithms probably no one saw it.

In light of multiple recent reports about Google regarding search results rankings and YouTube funding, I am looking for an alternative search engine. I have been test-driving Duck Duck Go for 2 weeks now and I find it is pretty weak - it returned 3 relevant results when I was looking for the Better Privacy AddOn earlier this week whereas Google returned a dozen (at least.) Also, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I think what Duck Duck Go and IxQuick do is to get their search results from Google and show them in a different order - I'm not exactly Google-Free if that is what they do.

So which search engine do you guys use? Everyone's on Google?

Thank you much.
Best Regards,

Depends on what I'm searching for.

If I'm interested in information about a TV show or movie I use the IMDB search engine I added to the search engines from the search bar.

The Bugzilla search engine for bugs, occasionally the Wikipedia search engine.

Many sites have search engines you can add to Firefox.

The Yahoo search engine is the default in recent versions of Firefox.

I set DuckDuckGo as my default.

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>