Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox, relic without a future

On 2017-09-12 16:35, The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/12/2017 08:47 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
[...]
IMO, FB would do better to offer a paid subscription service sans ads,
and with fine-grained control over posts/viewers. Sort Of like a private
mail service. I'd happily pay $10 a month for that.

I wouldn't.  AdblockPlus is free and works well.

I would because FB's algorithms for displaying posts are defective. Like Google's, they over-value current read history.

FB is nowhere near as good as usenet.

For interest groups. yes, except that every now and then a Usenet group is messed up by trolls or by flooders.

Perhaps I'd feel differently if I didn't have to jump through hoops to view FB videos with firefox (Chrome has no problems) and

??? No problems with FF on Win8.1 Pro/64.

if I could see ALL the posts I've chosen to see on a timely (or "at all") basis.

That's precisely what I would pay for. All control at my end. You can't control any ad-supported service. Blocking ads isn't the same as control.

If FB won't provide that service, maybe somebody else is smart enough to do so.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com