Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for Google Search

On 14/09/17 09:00, PietB wrote:
B00ze wrote:
So which search engine do you guys use? Everyone's on Google?

Nope. Only very occasionally. Ixquick aka Startpage is
my default, with Duckduckgo as second.

I'm afraid you /are/ using Google if you use IxQuick/Startpage (also see Poutnik's reply).

Quite some time ago I questioned the low number of hits that Startpage had returned, compared to the same search using Google itself. The reply from Startpage surprised me; basically, it was that Startpage returns whatever Google allows it to.

I don't know if that has changed or not. Most of the searches I ask Startpage to do I find the links I need. Rarely, though, I have to resort to Google itself, and I can't remember the last time I didn't find what I was looking for using that.

--

Jeff