Web lists-archives.com

Re: Replacement for Google Search

Dne 14/09/2017 v 03:03 B00ze napsal(a):
> Good day.
>
> I tried this on Facebook but no one replied, what with the Facebook
> algorithms probably no one saw it.
>
> In light of multiple recent reports about Google regarding search
> results rankings and YouTube funding, I am looking for an alternative
> search engine. I have been test-driving Duck Duck Go for 2 weeks now and
> I find it is pretty weak - it returned 3 relevant results when I was
> looking for the Better Privacy AddOn earlier this week whereas Google
> returned a dozen (at least.) Also, and please correct me if I am wrong,
> but I think what Duck Duck Go and IxQuick do is to get their search
> results from Google and show them in a different order - I'm not exactly
> Google-Free if that is what they do.
>
> So which search engine do you guys use? Everyone's on Google?
>
> Thank you much.
> Best Regards,

IxQuick/Startpage ( they converged ) do use Google with privacy focus,
but I am not aware DDG does so as well. DDG is often the default search
in Linux distributions, I suppose to get rid of Google.

Did you try Bing ? But then you would not be MS free.
Non Windows machines may explode during Bing search. (joking)

--
Poutnik

Wise man guards the words he says,
as they may say about him more,