Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF 52ESR

On 2017-09-13 10:35, WaltS48 <thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9/13/17 5:38 AM, PietB wrote:
B00ze wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
Have you looked at Privacy Badger? Works with 57.0.
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-badger17/>

Well, Better Privacy deals with one specific tracker, Flash Cookies,
which are probably not used much anymore.

Flash is still around pretty much, and so are "Flash cookies".

Privacy Badger deals with trackers on webpages, but I have uBlock
for that.

According to the description Privacy Badger also deals with
canvas fingerprinting, and as far as I can tell uBlock doesn't.
But what is an add-on worth when negative reviews are deleted?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-badger17/
("Disappointing")

I didn't read the reviews, but I do know it blocked the paywall, and
annoying, "You have reached your limit of free articles" popup on my
local newspapers web site.

Yeah, it's a real annoyance to control these blocking addOns. When something doesn't work and I really need it I can spend 30 minutes reloading a page over and over until I find all that needs to be allowed...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.