Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: what is a good place to ask web developer questions?

On 09/13/2017 01:40 PM, Good Guy wrote:
On 13/09/2017 21:24, T wrote:
Hi All,

I will sort of ask the question over here too.

I am trying to figure out where the files is that goes with

href='http://www.foo.com/Case-Studies' class='menu-link menu-item-id-16'>Case Studies</a>

so i can fix a boo boo.  I have access to the ftp site,
but can't make heads from tails.  id-16?

Where is a good forum, or newsgroup to ask such questions?

Many thanks,
-T

The file you need is called a styles file and it has the extension: .css.

The location of the file is normally in the styles folder but this is not always the case as web designers can put it somewhere else. I put my styles in the folder called Content because I use Microsoft Visual Studio and it uses this folder by default. But as I said this is not the case. You can find out the location of the styles sheet vy looking at the header section of the webpage. You have to be in Source code view of the page.

There are two styles on your link:

menu-link
menu-item-id-16

Both styles will be on the same styles sheet.

Thank you!