Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF 52ESR

On 2017-09-12 12:43, WaltS48 <thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9/11/17 11:49 PM, B00ze wrote:

No, they won't, but seeing as the maker of Better Privacy decided to
remove his AddOn from AMO early, I had to scramble and search to find
some place where to download version 1.77 (hopefully compatible with
FF52 to which I am migrating to this week.) Alice White also removed
his extensions some time back (of which Show Parent Folder is the most
useful). I therefore spent hours yesterday downloading the latest
versions of all the XPIs I use. Can never be too careful with this;
when ESR moves to Web Extensions Mozilla will yank all XUL from AMO...

Have you looked at Privacy Badger? Works with 57.0.
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-badger17/>

Well, Better Privacy deals with one specific tracker, Flash Cookies, which are probably not used much anymore. Privacy Badger deals with trackers on webpages, but I have uBlock for that. Better Privacy will become a non-issue once Flash goes away, but it's worked well all these years, I wanted to keep it with FF52. I'll move to FFxx-Web-Extensions-Only one day but I will wait, while WE addOns are created to replace what I use now. I do have a list of a few WE that I need to look at once I install 52...

Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@xxxxxxxxxxx
oO-( )-Oo  C:\DOS\SYSTEM\OS2\UTILITIES\DOCS\HELP\WHERE\THE\F$#%\AM\I?