Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox, relic without a future

On 09/12/2017 08:47 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-09-12 2:45 AM, Martin Edwards wrote:
On 9/11/2017 7:45 AM, Martin Edwards wrote:
On 9/10/2017 6:28 PM, PietB wrote:
HoneyBun wrote:
I had to quit Firefox 50 sooner than expected with W8.1. Constant flash
errors on Facebook and elsewhere. Videos won't play reliably. Banks and
credit cards warn about it being outdated.

Running FF 52.3.0esr on W7 and W8.1. None of the mentioned problems
(don't use the disaster called Facebook though). Promlems only with
one bank, but that's due to a bug in Ghostery.

I agree that Firefox is a crock, how does it make so much money?

Sorry, I meant Facebook.  My new copy of Firefox is okay so far.

http://marketrealist.com/2016/05/facebooks-average-revenue-per-user-trending/

IMO the average revenue per user (ARPU) revenue is pathetic. Multiply itbut that's a major annoyance
by the number of users, and it's a hefty sum.

The Register had a story recently about how FB's user numbers are fudged:
https://search.theregister.co.uk/?q=facebook+user+numbers

I note that my younger FB friends are posting less on FB, but don't have
any stats t5o confirm a trend.

IMO, FB would do better to offer a paid subscription service sans ads,
and with fine-grained control over posts/viewers. Sort Of like a private
mail service. I'd happily pay $10 a month for that.

I wouldn't.  AdblockPlus is free and works well.

FB is nowhere near as good as usenet. Perhaps I'd feel differently if I didn't have to jump through hoops to view FB videos with firefox (Chrome has no problems) and if I could see ALL the posts I've chosen to see on a timely (or "at all") basis.

--
Cheers, Bev
  VISE GRIPS (VYS'-gripz) [n]  A tool used to transfer intense