Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox, relic without a future

On 9/10/2017 10:55 AM, HoneyBun wrote:
[posted at firefox ng but didn't work]

I had to quit Firefox 50 sooner than expected with W8.1. Constant flash
errors on Facebook and elsewhere. Videos won't play reliably. Banks and
credit cards warn about it being outdated. No such problems with IE11,
probably my new default browser on W8.1.

No major problems on XP with Firefox 48, although I use it sparingly.

I DO(!) need some of the old add-ons, and certain important sites which I
visit regularly DO(!) require java. I must go to a bit of trouble to
manually download and update some of those things, but it's worth it.

Firefox versions after 48-50 offer nothing to me.

Except the new Tor browser based on Firefox 52 seems to work OK for it's
limited purpose, although I seldom need a proxy.

I uninstalled it and began to use Edge. This went belly up in a few weeks. I mainly use Opera, but I have reinstalled Firefox and it seems okay so far.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman