Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF 52ESR

On 9/9/2017 2:26 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/09/2017 05:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 9/9/17 4:28 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I have yet to see a definitive answer, even in m.s.f, from which I'm
permanently banned:  Will older versions of FF (including 52ESR)
continue to operate after the drop-dead date in 2018 with all 'legacy'
extensions previously installed or has Mozilla figured out a way to
render them inoperable even on older FF versions?

NOT going to update.  Period.

I don't have the definitive answer, but I would expect the last 52 ESR
release and older versions to continue working.

You won't get security and stability updates, and all extensions that
you use probably won't be maintained or available on AMO.

Not going to worry about that.  I'm increasingly displeased with
updates, which tend to be what a net-friend calls slob-enablement for
the use of cubicle meat :-(

You can always install the current Nightly, created a separate profile
and see how much better it is. 😉

I'll probably do that.  I installed 52 as a test and after tweaking it
to at least some level of satisfaction I didn't feel like retreating to
47, which I THINK I was using before.  I've got a snail-trail of older
versions and profiles that I should really get rid of, although I really
don't NEED the space.  8TB drives split into 8 1TB partitions (current
installation is only 231GB) are cool!

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/#nightly>

Perhaps...

Don't forget to download to disk (and backup too) all legacy extensions you use. Do this for each gecko based browser you have including various Fx versions, SeaMonkey, Pale Moon, etc. My friends and I spent hours doing this recently. I have mostly the same extensions on all gecko browsers but different versions for different browsers and every one had to be downloaded to disk and then saved also on an external disk and on a thumb drive.