Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF 52ESR

On 09/09/2017 05:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 9/9/17 4:28 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I have yet to see a definitive answer, even in m.s.f, from which I'm
permanently banned:  Will older versions of FF (including 52ESR)
continue to operate after the drop-dead date in 2018 with all 'legacy'
extensions previously installed or has Mozilla figured out a way to
render them inoperable even on older FF versions?

NOT going to update.  Period.

I don't have the definitive answer, but I would expect the last 52 ESR
release and older versions to continue working.

You won't get security and stability updates, and all extensions that
you use probably won't be maintained or available on AMO.

Not going to worry about that. I'm increasingly displeased with updates, which tend to be what a net-friend calls slob-enablement for the use of cubicle meat :-(

You can always install the current Nightly, created a separate profile
and see how much better it is. 😉

I'll probably do that. I installed 52 as a test and after tweaking it to at least some level of satisfaction I didn't feel like retreating to 47, which I THINK I was using before. I've got a snail-trail of older versions and profiles that I should really get rid of, although I really don't NEED the space. 8TB drives split into 8 1TB partitions (current installation is only 231GB) are cool!

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/desktop/#nightly>

Perhaps...

--
Cheers, Bev
 People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's