Webextension states and installation
- Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 05:44:05 -0700 (PDT)
- From: gal.barak4@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Webextension states and installation
I'm trying to install webextensions in all the computers in the domain (silently). The extension is not in AMO.
Before the update, firefox would determine the extensions states (active, disabled, visable) via extensions.json. So, if I placed an extension in <profile dir>\extensions\ folder and edited the extensions.json the extension was active.
However, now (after the update) the same process result in disabled extension.
My questions are -
1. How does firefox determine the extensions states?
2. Is it possible to install (and enable) a webextension like the method described above?
Bests for all!
general mailing list