Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF annoyance -- What did I do wrong?

On 2017-08-23 19:47, WaltS48 wrote:
On 8/23/17 7:03 PM, Wolf K wrote:
On 2017-08-23 15:20, WaltS48 wrote:
[...]
Well, losing the Downloads button in Nightly upon an update today was a bit of a shock, but it turns out that was an intended improvement.
[...]

Intended? I'll take your word for it.

Improvement? Not at all.

Just another example of the Moz Devs thinking they know user preferences better than anybody else.

Question: How many users activate the telemetry for gathering usage statistics?
Answer: Damn few.

You have stats to back up that claim?

Unless the devs have changed things, telemetry not the default (I suspect because if it were it would run into trouble with those jurisdictions where privacy is more strongly protected than in the USA). That means the telemetry activators are a self-selected group. Self-selected groups are generally not a random sample (you know, 19 times out of 20.... ;-) )

The problem of self-selection (e.g., by dis/agreeing to do a survey about some topic) bedevils all polls.

According to the research I've read, there is one fairly "robust" principle: only about 10% of annoyed people complain. So complainers represent roughly 10x their numbers.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com