Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF annoyance -- What did I do wrong?

On 08/23/2017 12:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 8/23/17 2:56 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 08/23/2017 09:51 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 8/23/17 12:36 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 08/23/2017 08:16 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 8/22/17 9:58 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
I keep a lot of tabs open, some of which I use to go to new
sites. Since I switched to 64-bit FF 52ESR/linux, when I
use the mouse wheel to scroll upward it frequently acts
like the 'back' button, and I have to use the actual 'back'
button in order to go back to what I was reading.

I've looked through the FF prefs, the Tab Mix Plus prefs
and the Tree Style Tabs prefs and can't find anything.

Any ideas?

Using the scroll wheel while the mouse is positioned over the
tab bar will scroll the the tabs.

As you have discovered it will scroll the tabs to the left
when you scroll up using the mouse wheel, and forward when
you scroll down using the wheel.>>

Solution. Move the mouse out of the tab bar.

Mouse is in the main screen, not the tab bar.  And it seems to
happen if I scroll quickly.

Sorry, I don't have the extensions you mentioned, or 52esr
installed.

This also happens when you start Firefox in safe mode?

I'll run that for a while and see what happens.  I really HATE
running FF or TB that way, though.  The out-of-the-box versions
just keeps deteriorating in terms of ease/enjoyment of use :-(

Well, losing the Downloads button in Nightly upon an update today was
a bit of a shock, but it turns out that was an intended improvement.

It does return once a download starts and stays in the toolbar until
the user restarts Nightly.

I hate things that disappear. I want everything I use always visible all the time ALWAYS!

If you don't have a problem in safe mode, enable one of the tab
extensions and see if the problem returns. If not disable that one
and try the other.

I didn't have a problem, but after n hours I just got tired of dealing
with tabs across the top.  If either of the tab extensions is the cause
of the problem I'll just have to live with it.  I just can't understand
how people can stand reading partial labels horizontally :-(  Same with
the generic ls command -- if I have to use hubby's computer I can't ever
find the file I'm looking for :-(

ls -altGF --color=yes |more is the only way to fly!

--
Cheers, Bev
  "To liberals, building a wall across the Mexican border is a