Web lists-archives.com

Re: Dangers (If Any) Of Not Updating Firefox ?

In message <mailman.1942.1502470297.14893.support-firefox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Good Guy <hello.world@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On 11/08/2017 10:46, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
 On Fri, 11 Aug 2017, at 10:37, Michael wrote:

   If Firefox tries to force an upgrade despite my settings saying
   not to
   update, I will ditch the programme completely.

 Why?  Why would you rather not have Firefox at all, than have an
 uptodate
 version (even if you rarely use the latter)?

The problem with applications that are given away for free is that
people become sceptical of them.  Microsoft gave away Windows 10 for
one year and the take up wasn't as much as they expected because in
people's mind free is not something they want;.  They want a product
that can do something useful.

I wouldn't say that was the main reason.
[]
The moral of this post is that FREE software doesn't create excitement
as much as a paid version.  Now go and figure this out why?.

I don't think this is all that true: I haven't _bought_ any software for a long time, so for me, free software is of _more_ interest.

Quantum particles: the dreams that stuff is made of - David Moser