Web lists-archives.com

Re: When Firefox will end Flash support

On 8/8/2017 9:53 AM, Wolf K wrote:
On 2017-08-03 04:47, PietB wrote:
Desiree wrote:
Then Smedberg says "As part of improving Firefox performance
and security this year, Firefox users will choose which sites
may run the Flash plugin. This choice will give users the
ability to keep using legacy sites that require Flash, while
letting modern sites shine with blazingly fast HTML speed."
That too is a lie.  HTML5 playback is a joke. It is slow and
ugly compared to Flash.
Agreed, but Flash is getting worse.

I do not allow HTML5 playback in any browser.

?????

IME it's better than Flash (which I've set "always ask").

Better? I think not. Less control, less consistency, VASTLY more CPU load. What's better: Security, privacy.