Web lists-archives.com

Re: You cannot downgrade Firefox 55 profiles

In article <PeidndTpQsRoJRnEnZ2dnUU7-V_NnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>, caver1
@inthemud.org says...
> You may alternatively create a backup of
> the Firefox profile before you upgrade to Firefox 55, and restore it
> after you install Firefox ESR on your system.

One Bugzilla comment I read said that, if you install a pre-55 Firefox
and it uses the same profile used by a 55-or-later Firefox, you can
reset the profile (about:support, click on "Refresh Firefox...") and it
will build a new profile but will preserve the browsing history,
bookmarks, and a bunch of stuff listed in this article:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-
settings
Note: extensions and extension settings will be lost, as well as other
settings listed in the article.