Web lists-archives.com

Re: Fraud/stupidity/something else?

On 08/01/2017 11:42 AM, s|b wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 09:09:29 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

This morning I got an email from Ava's Flowers in Mahwah NJ responding
to a message I sent them using the email address I use for the mozilla
groups (I add the +moz).  Why would anybody do such a thing, especially
someone who just used my address without changing/thinking?

I get stuff like this all the time at my main address, but this is the
first time I could point the finger at somebody who reads these groups.

I registered a domain with mailhosting (25 euro/year). Catch all is
enabled and I always use (part of) the domain's name to register. Every
now and then I get spam (Rayban sunglasses several times) on an
address... which I *only* use for Paypal. It seems legit, but I'm
reluctant to unsubscribe (which would probably not be a good idea,
so...).

One thing I'm especially grateful to google for: their spam filters. I'm amazed at how much spam my family/friends account gets that I never see.

--
Cheers, Bev
   If you are going to try cross-country skiing,