Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox keeps not responding

On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 08:54:05 -0400, Disaster Master
<disasterlistmanager@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On 18/07/2017, 4:57:36 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:26:53 -0400, Disaster Master
>> <disasterlistmanager@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> 4GB has been the absolute bare minimum for Windows since the XP days.
>
>> I disagree.
>
>Thankfully you are free to do so, whether you are right or, as in this
>case, not.

Kewl.

>> I had a computer running Windows XP with 96 MB RAM.

I picked up a desktop computer that had been thrown out.
It had Windows XP and 256 MB RAM.
I upped the RAM to 2 GB then threw to whole thing out!

>Ok, to clarify, when I said 'bare minimum', I meant if you want the
>computer to be usable without having to wait forever for every little
>task you attempt to do.
>
>Will it boot with less, of course.

Puts a dent in your 4GB minimum story.

>> I have a dual core 1.6 Ghz Pentium with 1 GB RAM and Windows 10
>> and it runs ordinary programs nicely.
>
>You have an extremely low bar for the definition of 'nicely'.

I said ordinary programs and its true.
It can play youtube full screen.
I suppose it helps that it has a dual core processor and
an Nvidea 128 MB video card.
I have an Acer Aspire One netbook with 1 gig RAM and XP.
It runs ordinary programs OK.
Microsoft say 1.0 Ghz CPU and 1 gig RAM will run Windows 10.

>>> The best AVs in my experience are:
>>>
>>> Free: BitDefender
>>> Paid: ESET (NOD 32)
>
>> Free Avast not approved?
>
>It is better than many, but I prefer BitDefender.

OK.

>> What about paid Nortons?
>Nortons is what started this discussion - it is only slightly higher on
>my shit list than McAfee - by one.
>
>Anyone who asks me for help and has Norton installed and refuses to
>remove it does not get my help.

I was given a Dell laptop which I fixed and upgraded from Windows 7
to Windows 10. It has a paid Nortons with 100 days left.