Web lists-archives.com

Re: news from israel (americans for peace now)

On 27/07/17 17:28, GérardJan wrote:
APN's daily news review from Israel
Thursday July 28, 2017

Quote of the Day #1:
"When I heard that the terrorist remained alive, it did me in. Because in the next deal, they'll release him. Afterward, I understood that 'A.' did the right thing." --Shmuel Salomon, whose father, brother and sister were murdered by a Palestinian teen in Halamish settlement. 'A.', a neighbor serving in the army, shot and injured the attacker, stopping him, but A. did not execute him.* A. is expected to receive an IDF hero's medal.*

Quote of the Day #2:
"Now it turns out that what happened in Jordan was not a (terror) attack, but a dispute that boiled over into a shooting incident, in which in the end, the (Israeli) guard shot and killed two Jordanians - and not the attacker who held the screwdriver and tried to stab him. That is not how an incident like that is supposed to end. The closeness of the two incidents, and the political and public reaction, sharpen the question over who is really fit to be called a hero.” --Yedioth military analyst Yossi Yehoshua writes why the IDF will give A. a hero's medal.*

more specific:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4995043,00.html

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
		-- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman