Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox keeps not responding

On 7/18/2017, 4:57:36 AM, Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jul 2017 07:26:53 -0400, Disaster Master
> <disasterlistmanager@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 4GB has been the absolute bare minimum for Windows since the XP days.

> I disagree.

Thankfully you are free to do so, whether you are right or, as in this
case, not.

> I had a computer running Windows XP with 96 MB RAM.

Ok, to clarify, when I said 'bare minimum', I meant if you want the
computer to be usable without having to wait forever for every little
task you attempt to do.

Will it boot with less, of course.

> I have a dual core 1.6 Ghz Pentium with 1 GB RAM and Windows 10
> and it runs ordinary programs nicely.

You have an extremely low bar for the definition of 'nicely'.

>> The best AVs in my experience are:
>>
>> Free: BitDefender
>> Paid: ESET (NOD 32)

> Free Avast not approved?

It is better than many, but I prefer BitDefender.

> What about paid Nortons?
Nortons is what started this discussion - it is only slightly higher on
my shit list than McAfee - by one.

Anyone who asks me for help and has Norton installed and refuses to
remove it does not get my help.