Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox keeps not responding

On 7/17/2017, 3:03:08 PM, Poutnik <poutnik4nntp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dne 17/07/2017 v 20:52 Disaster Master napsal(a):
>> Doesn't matter, you had to install 4GB to be able to access the max.
>
> I have never said otherwise.

Not in so many words maybe, but your initial response implied that
installing 4GB was useless because it couldn't use all of it.

>> Not sure where you get that from...

> ....The virtual address space for 32-bit Windows is 4 gigabytes (GB) in
> size and divided into two partitions: one for use by the process and the
> other reserved for use by the system. .....
>
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366912(v=vs.85).aspx
>
> Therefore, in standard configuration,
> a process cannot allocate more the 2 GB of the virtual address space.

Which I plainly stated...

>From your link above, you can end up here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_xp

Where, after some googling to clear up the confusion that Microsoft
engages in, the usable RAM for XP is 4GB minus 490MB Paged pool minus
256MB Nonpaged pool minus video RAM.

Not sure why I'm wasting neurons discussing this though since XP has
been relegated to the scrap heap for a long time now.