Web lists-archives.com

Re: Moderation Notice

On 7/17/17 12:25 PM, Good Guy wrote:
On 17/07/2017 15:59, WaltS48 wrote:
On 7/8/17 11:03 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 7/8/17 2:06 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
Today, I received the following E-mail from "super moderator" Ilias,
with the Subject "Mozilla message removal eligibility notification":

David, I've already sent you messages 4 messages in the past about your
habit of posting off-topic messages, and explained how to move
discussions somewhere else (like the general mailing list). The purpose
of warnings is to help you understand the rules before it gets to the
point of moderation. You've been posting a lot of OT messages lately,
and after 4 warnings and not having seen you set a followup to
mozilla.general in 3 years, it's clear to me that you're either not
willing to follow the posting rules or you're unable to, and informing
you about the your habit of posting off-topic messages is having no
effect. I'm not going to keep sending you warnings every few months.

As per <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/cancellation/>, this message is to inform you that your future infringing posts will be held
for moderator approval before making it to the forum.

I see three things wrong with this:

*  Ilias fails to indicate in which newsgroup my offense occurred.

*  Ilias fails to indicate what posting of mine offended.

I've received a few of those in the past.

He never needed to indicate which newsgroup or what posting I was being reprimanded for.

I know when I've been bad. 😈

I am sad.

One of my posts didn't appear in m.support.firefox and I didn't get a notice.

😞 😞 😭 😭

The FF server was down as far as I can see.  two of my posts didn't appear on Saturday but I posted something ridiculous yesterday and it appeared almost immediately.

I didn't know there was a separate server for each group. Always thought it was news.mozilla.org. Separate mailing lists, yes.

The two posts were about HTML in posts as somebody asked about it. All I did was post to the etiquette page for him to read it but this didn't appear.  So I can only guess that the server was down and the posts went missing.

Mine was in response to that post. I see Chris replied.

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>